Sep 14, 2011

Journal of A Mom: My Story - Dealing With Emotions After Having A Baby

On December 4th, 2008 after much contemplation, self pity and feeling gross I decided to take control. I am sure my story is familiar to many new moms or moms in general, you just feel hopeless, and do not know where or how to start. Well, here is my story, which I will comment on daily in hopes that others will be inspired to dig out of the dumps.

I found myself with an 8 month old and could not believe that the time had passed so quickly, I knew my baby was growing but how did the time all mesh away before my eyes? On one hand I was happy, the sleepless nights were better, I mastered breastfeeding, and my son was doing all the great stuff babies do. So why was I so overwhelmed? Why did I feel sad, mad and downright shocked that 8 months had passed in a fog since my baby was born???  And I thought I was doing well this time around, guess not.

Since this is my second baby, after many years of saying never again I believed I would be in total control merely because I planned to have another baby.  To my awe this couldn’t be further than the truth. All my meticulous financial, work, and personal prep went right out the window with “circumstance beyond my control.”

So, what do you do? I continued to ask myself over and over how could I be in a bad place again? I knew better, I planned better, I was better, yes this is all true, but the fact of the matter is you only have control over your own actions not the actions of others, and with this enlightenment I will execute my physical and mental recovery.

A true business woman at heart I plan and organize and do.  So when things do not go as the fairytale said we all need a back-up plan and in real life having babies, financial stress, marital drama are all too real for most of us. 


~Maria

No comments:

Custom Search